ARP will hold its fifth annual reunion lunch the week of Commencement, on Tuesday, 27 May, from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. This year we shall hold it in the Center for the Arts, in the West Lounge overlooking the atrium. Come join friends and former colleagues and meet our next year’s scholarship winner. Information about reservations will be sent out shortly.
Our Mission Statement
The CSI Academy of Retired Professors (the ARP) lists the following goals for its organization:
1. To provide for its members opportunities to come together for social, recreational, and educational purposes.
2. To assist members in continuing and developing their professional interests.
3. To encourage formation of groups of individuals having common interests in hobbies, travel, and special studies.
4. To support efforts of members to carry on their research, writing, and other scholarly interests.
5. To provide liaison among retirees and the active faculty as well as the administrative officers of the College of Staten Island.
6. To engage in such activities as may contribute to the general welfare of the Staten Island community.
Membership is open to all retired CSI faculty and partners. Yearly dues are only $25 per year. Lifetime dues $100
We hope you'll join us and attend many of our events.
To get a membership application form click here. Print and mail it.
The Academy of Retired Professors has established a scholarship fund to support worthy students in their pursuit of an education at CSI. Each year contributions will be solicited from ARP members and granted to carefully chosen deserving students. The fund will be administered for ARP by the CSI Foundation, and grantees will be chosen by the CSI Scholarship Committee. Scholarship amounts will be determined by the size of contributions received from ARP members. Hopefully, sufficient funds will be donated to establish a permanent endowment from which scholarships can be awarded. In addition to the annual ARP solicitation of members, contributions can be made at any time through the CSI Foundation.